Join David Akoubian as we spend the morning learning how to shoot HDR at the Southeastern Railway Museum ("SRM"). In the afternoon sesssion, we will load a few images into the computers and David will demonstrate how to import and combine the bracketed images in Photomatix. After combining our images, David will discuss the process of saving the image and then importing the image into Photoshop Elements to "finish" the image.
Mail Car at Southeastern Railway Museum - Photo by David Akoubian
Classroom discussion/instruction includes:
- the different types of HDR images
- learning how our sliders work to tune the image to our liking.
- the differences between Photomatix's presets such as Grunge vs. Painterly
- image blending to add more detail into the image
- how to prepare an image for print or to display on the internet
||Meet at HelpWrite and carpool over to SRM
|10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
||Shooting time at SRM
|1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m
||Carpool back to HelpWrite and have lunch (included in the workshop fee).
|2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
What you need to bring: Camera, Tripod and Lenses.
What we provide: Admission to SRM, Lunch and Classroom session
This is a perfect class to make that confident leap into the world of HDR and image blending. A very basic understanding of a computer is all that is needed for the class along with your camera and memory cards.